Welcome to Domaine de Blanche Fleur

    Historical background

    Back to its origins in the 14th century, Blanche Fleur was a mill operated by flows coming from the Sorgues, which are nearby water courses originating from a natural spring in Fontaine de Vaucluse, just 15 miles away from there. The Domaine forms an island on its own nested among the streams that flow around the domaine at a constant temperature between 12 and 13 degrees Celsius (53 – 55°F) all year long.

    The mill was operated by monks who used to weave wool before working paper pulp. The monks needed a place to pray so they built a small chapel called Notre dame de Blanche Fleur – which gave its name to the estate. The chapel was restored in 1691 and is where baptisms and weddings are celebrated.

    The mansion was built in the 17th and 18th centuries and the bedrooms have been restored in the spirit of this historical heritage. When the owners bought the place in 1997, it had fallen into ruin. They restored step by step and today the mansion has become a beautiful guesthouse.

    The place is magical both for its uncommon setting and for the delicious sense it gives of being cut off from the rest of the world.


    Let’s get to know each other

    Please write to us and we’ll customize a special event tailor-made for you